Economic Burden of Bipolar Depression
A snapshot into the cost of illness in bipolar I disorder, with a focus on bipolar depression. Learn about the impact of the depressive phase of illness, prevalence of metabolic comorbidities, and hospitalization data.
Quality Metrics Tool
Review Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), National Quality Forum (NQF) endorsed, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Star Ratings measures for bipolar disorder all in one easy-to-use tool.
Integrating Care To Achieve Quadruple Aim
Integrated care can vary greatly based on the type of primary care clinical practice. Learn more about successful integrated care.
DSM-5-TR Diagnostic Criteria for Bipolar Disorder
Review the latest Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders-5 (DSM-5-TR) Diagnostic Criteria
ICD-10 Diagnostic Codes for Bipolar Disorder
Update your awareness of the International Classification Of Disease-10-Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) Chart diagnostic codes for Bipolar Disorder
Mental Health Parity Laws (Federal and State) 2022
A comprehensive guide summarizing the current federal and state mental health parity laws on a state-by-state basis directly from state statutes covering health care and insurance. You can easily navigate to the laws in your state using the directory provided in this guide.
References*Bipolar depression: Identified by ICD-9 codes specifically related to a primary diagnosis of bipolar depression, and all data are generated from the 2012 Gemini Healthcare, LLC Disease Benchmarks database, which is made up of 105+ health plans and 70+ million lives. Includes inpatient, outpatient, emergency room, and pharmacy costs.
- American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition. Arlington, VA, American Psychiatric Association, 2022.
- Merikangas KR, Akiskal HS, Angst J, et al. Lifetime and 12-Month Prevalence of Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2007;64:543-552.
- Judd L, Akiskal H, Schettler P, Endicott J, Maser J, Solomon D, Leon A, Rice J, Keller M. The Long-term Natural History of the Weekly Symptomatic Status of Bipolar I Disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2002.
- Bipolar Disorder Benchmarks. Gemini Healthcare, LLC; 2014.
- Tondo L, Baldessarini R, Hennen J, Gianfranco F, Silvetti F, Tohen M. Lithium Treatment and Risk of Suicidal Behavior in Bipolar Disorder Patients. J Clin Psychiatry. 1998.