Checklist for Managing Epilepsy Well
Self-assessment tool for patients to document how well they are applying self-care measures and understanding the importance of adopting healthy behaviors toward a holistic approach to living well with epilepsy.
Physical and Mental Wellness in Epilepsy
Deeper dive into the importance of achieving physical and psychological balance of living with epilepsy, including take-action guidance, helpful skill-building tips, and links to publicly available support resources.
- England MJ, Liverman CT, Schultz AM, Strawbridge LM, editors. Epilepsy Across the Spectrum: Promoting Health and Understanding. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2012.
- Michaelis R, Tang V, Goldstein LH, et al. Psychological treatments for adults and children with epilepsy: Evidence-based recommendations by the International League Against Epilepsy Psychology Task Force. Epilepsia. 2018;59:1282-1302.
- American Academy of Neurology. Epilepsy Update Quality Measurement Set. 2014.
- International League Against Epilepsy. Clinical Practice Tools. Accessed June 22, 2022. https://www.ilae.org/patient-care/mental-health-care-resources/clinical-practice-tools
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Managing Epilepsy Well Network and Selected Self-Management Programs: Putting Collective Wisdom to Work for People with Epilepsy. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Dept of Health and Human Services; 2016.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Managing Epilepsy Well Checklist. Accessed April 12, 2022. https://www.cdc.gov/epilepsy/managing-epilepsy/checklist.htm